F.M. is a 68-year-old white man who comes to the emergency department (ED) in the early afternoon with a 2-day history of severe chest pain. The pain started on wakening the previous day. The pain increased during the night, but his wife could not convince him to go to the hospital. He comes to the ED today because the pain is severe and no longer relieved by rest.
• Describes recurring chest pain for the past 6 months that was relieved by rest; the pain is a feeling of heaviness in chest with no radiating pain to arm or jaw or accompanying nausea or dizziness
• Recently the chest pain has become severe and is no longer relieved by rest; is now slightly nauseated
• His father died of a heart attack at age 62 years
• Denies alcohol or drug use
• Smokes one pack of cigarettes per day
• Describes his lifestyle as sedentary
• Blood pressure 180/96, pulse 98, temperature 99.8°F, respirations 20
• Height 5’11”, weight 210 lb, BMI 29.3 kg/m2
• Alert and oriented to person, place, and time
• Skin diaphoretic and clammy
• Heart rhythm regular, no murmurs or extra heart sounds
• Lungs are clear to auscultation
• Hemoglobin 14 g/dL
• Chemistry panel is normal
• Cardiac markers – pending
• Electrocardiogram showing changes that correlate with non–ST-segment–elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)
• 0.9% NaCl infusing into IV catheter at 75 mL/hr.
Nitroglycerin and morphine given with relief of pain
1. What are F.M.’s modifiable risk factors for coronary artery disease (CAD)? What are his nonmodifiable risk factors?
2. What is the difference between chronic stable angina pain and pain associated with myocardial infarction (MI)?
3. What diagnostic studies are indicated for F.M.?
Case Study Progression
F.M. is diagnosed as having an MI.
4. What is the priority nursing care for F.M.?
5. What other interventions do you anticipate for F.M. at this time?
6. What are common complications after an MI?
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
If you are looking for exceptional academic writing services, then you are in the right place. Studyacer offers customised academic assignments and academic papers for students at all levels.
Writing an essay can be a challenge. However, we know what every student needs. And we purpose to deliver. Here at StudyAcer, we do all we can to help with academic essays and assignments. We have a dedicated team of professional essay writers.
We understand students need satisfactory results. Our cheap assignment writing service helps and never leaves any doubt. We always strive to ensure the ultimate and best results. It is our joy to offer a cheap reliable essay writing service.
Have you been asking yourself, where can get a pre written research papers for sale? Worry no more, the fact that you have a term paper that is due tonight and you haven’t touched it. At Study Acer it is our responsibility to get your paper on time.